In 2010, we developed and launched the SelectAndUnite matchmaking platform for youth sports. Its mission was to help coaches, parents, and players to discover and contact each other while giving youth leagues a platform for targeted communication.
We deployed the platform to test and production environments and continued to maintain and manage the stack until 2016.
The core features of the platform were:
- Matchmaking Algorithm for creating suitability Scores between coaches, players, and teams
- Privacy-first and mobile-ready portal for coaches and parents to
- parents to create profiles for their young athletes
- coaches to create profiles for their teams
- all parties to discover and contact each other guided by suitability Scores
- Subscription system with payment processing through Authorize.Net and PayPal
We built the platform with open source software including PHP, MySQL, Apache HTTP Server, Kohana Framework, and Bootstrap.